SignifAI is a venture backed startup based in Sunnyvale. CA and Tel Aviv.
SignifAI is machine intelligence that helps DevOps teams get to accurate answers faster by finding correlations in real-time, among very large volumes of log, event and metrics monitoring data. These correlations are driven by algorithms plus the team’s and SignifAI’s collective expertise. This means the team can get to root causes quickly, regardless of the seniority of the engineers currently on shift. And because SignifAI is a machine, it has perfect memory. This means it can match the cause and resolution of an issue from the past, with an issue happening right now. These powerful correlations also unlock predictive insights to issues that could threaten uptime in the future.
When DevOps teams deliver more uptime, they finally find the time to work on more complex problems that require creative solutions...precisely the things that machines can’t do.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for highly energetic, startup mentality and passionate senior backend software developer to take end to end software engineering initiatives for multiple backend components and projects.
If you are not afraid of highly distributed scalable code and infrastructure written in Python and Java, this position is for you.
You will be responsible for developing high performance, high throughput, scalable code in Python/Java to be deployed in a cloud based environment.
You will contribute to the overall product technical design, architecture and implementation.
This is a senior position and we expect candidates to be fluent in coding, debugging, testing, OO patterns, publish/subscribe patterns, and ability to jump right away to help with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire to work as a core member of an early stage startup company and to build a successful product with a strong impact on the industry.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience developing in Python/Java or other similar OO language. Proficient with OO patterns and paradigms.
- Python 3.5, Async I/O, Threads and concurrency. If Python is not your forte, you can demonstrate the same concurrency experience, threads, async programing in Java or any other OO language.
- Testing your code is part of what you do on a regular basis. You can demonstrate experience with multiple unitests frameworks.
- You have worked with plenty of open sources libraries and familiar very well with the community echo-system.
- Writing beautiful code that is easy to read and easy to change. You should be able to refactor code so that it’s better. You should know how to write testable code and should value automated testing.
- Seeking deep understanding. It isn’t enough for you to just get something working once. You feel compelled to understand the lower layers of things, so that you can reason about how things fit together and you can create more informed designs.
- Strong API design skills with some experience in designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with Cache layers and patterns, as well as non relational data storage (Redis/HBASE/ElasticSearch)
- Enjoying collaborative team atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an ability to convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- Computer Science degree from a strong program or professional experience
- Practical experience with Machine Learning algo, Statistical Analysis, and Open Source related libraries such as Keras, Pandas, Jupiter, NumPy, Tensorflow and other Python or Java ML/DL libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with AWS/Google Cloud or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience working on Agile projects in distributed teams.